Connecting With Your Spirit Guides
A Step-by-Step Exercise for Talking to Your Spirit Guides
So you want to talk with your spirit guides, but haven't the faintest idea on how to begin? This step-by-step guide will help you to learn how to listen and communicate with your guides, leading you in the right direction towards having a person relationship with them.
Let Go of Expectations
The first thing to remember before beginning this exercise is to let go of your expectations as to how communications with your spirit guides should be, and let go of any doubt you might have when it comes to communicating with the spirit world. Let go of the views that you may have acquired from life and how things 'should be' or society tells you they should be. Everyone has spirit guides and everyone has the capability of having a relationship with them if they have a little bit of patience and let go of preconceived notions and doubt that may fill their mind.
Don't Let Doubt Sabotage Your Efforts
Doubt is a sure-fire way to kill communications with your spirit guides and other spiritual beings. Doubt essentially equates into a lack of faith that you don't believe your guides are around to begin with. There are many things that people believe in that they haven't actually witnessed for themselves, such as God or a higher being that they believe in. Spirit guides will never infringe on your life or your personal views when it comes to them, and will only communicate with you once you have tossed that doubt out the window. It can be challenging to shed old beliefs and let go of your doubts, but it's a sure-fire way to connecting to your spirit guides.
First Response Is Always From Your Guides
When you are trying to talk to your spirit guides, remember that if you ask a question, the first response that you receive is from your guides. Anything you receive after that is more than likely your own thoughts. Why is this? Because anything after a first response is tainted with time, and thoughts creep in after seconds go by and you have time to start thinking about the answer or doubting the response. If you ask a question, know that the FIRST response is always from your guides.
The Step-By-Step Guide
Before trying to use this step-by-step guide, read it a few times so you can have the majority of it memorized before sitting down to try it. You don't want to lose focus or forget the questions in the middle of the exercise, so it's best to know the exercise well before beginning. You also want to say a prayer of protection when you are doing work in the spirit realm, to make sure negative entities will not show up instead of your spirit guides.
1. Get in a comfortable position, either laying down or sitting in a chair. This is a personal preference and has no effect on the outcome of the exercise.
2. Take a few deep breaths in and out, while relaxing your body and letting go of any stress or negative thoughts you may have.
3. When you are ready, ask "Spirit guide, are you here?" Then wait for the answer. This will be a yes or no answer, and remember the FIRST response is from your guide.
4. Then ask, "Are you my spirit guide?" Again, wait for the answer. The answer should come immediately after asking. Don't think about the answer, just wait for the first thing that pops into your head.
5. The next question is "Spirit guide, are you from the light?" You need to make sure that you are dealing with a spirit guide and not a lower-level astral being (or something worse), so asking if they are from the light is always the best thing to do.
6. Once you get some main questions in and feel comfortable, you can ask "Spirit guide, what is your name?" Remember, ONLY the first response is from your guide. Anything after that is your own thoughts. If you don't get a name the first time, don't worry. Spirit guides really don't care what you call them, they are more concerned with having a relationship with you!
If you try this exercise and you feel you have failed, just try again on a different day when you feel you are ready. Don't be concerned with the results, just let things flow. Once you are comfortable, just continue to ask questions and listen for the answers. With some practice and continued effort, you will be talking to your spirit guide on a regular basis.